Mac Platform: Intel
OS version: OS X 10.9 or later
Processor type(s) & speed: 64-bit
RAM minimum: –
Video RAM: –
What’s New in Version 1.1
• New Facebook Messenger interface!
◦ Available from Windows menu, Dock menu, and menu bar action menu
◦ Sidebar goes into “compact mode” when resized under a certain width
◦ Vibrant sidebar on Yosemite!
◦ Stickers selector and some other dialogs open in a native popover
• Chat windows now use Facebook Messenger!
◦ Double click (or hold command key) to open threads in a chat window from Messenger
◦ Right click on titlebar for option to “Float on Top”
• Browse the News Feed in the menu bar window!
• New Preferences window. Check it out!
◦ Option to open Facebook Messenger (or nothing) on launch
◦ Option to control how messages are opened from notifications
◦ Option to control when message previews are shown in notifications
◦ Option to confirm before marking all messages as read
◦ Option to disable Plugins (i.e. Flash)
◦ Some new global keyboard shortcut options
Other Changes Since 1.0.4
• Significantly reduced memory usage!
• Some kinds of windows can “Float on Top” from their context menus
• Chat and video windows are now “magnetized” to satisfy your OCD
• Improved chat window zoom behavior
• Added visibility settings and compose buttons to buddy list window
• Improve appearance of menu bar window on Yosemite
• Toolbar expansion is no more (it was too annoying)
• Share button in toolbar now includes system sharing options
• Added ability to save files from QuickLook preview panels
• Added ability to copy URL of photo window by right clicking its titlebar
• Added ability to choose photos from your Photo Library (see Windows menu)
• Fix many issues related to zooming web content in and out
• Fixed rendering glitch in menu bar buddy list
• Fixed issues with opening image and video message attachments
• Fixed for some “related groups” links not loading correctly
• Use proper “under page” color when swiping web pages
• Images that fail to load will be retried a few times
• Continuous spell checking is now enabled by default
• Reduced memory usage after windows have been closed
• Fix for using VoiceOver to open Messenger windows
• Many, many other miscellaneous bug fixes
THE BEST app for using Facebook Messenger and browsing Facebook on the Mac!
With Current, you can message friends in their own messenger windows and quickly access your inbox, notifications, and online friends right from the menu bar.
Current isn’t just a messaging app. It’s a complete replacement for using Facebook in the browser, and it’s built to give you the best possible experience on the Mac. Current allows you to use only the parts of Facebook that you want and doesn’t include any annoying cross-promotional ads.
• Group chats, stickers, and everything else you’d expect with Facebook Messenger are all supported on Current.
• Notifications are customizable in the Preferences so you can prevent unwanted distractions.
• Photos open in their own windows where you can swipe through them to browse the album, as well as comment, like, share, tag, and go full screen.
• Videos can be popped out of the page, so you can continue watching while browsing the newsfeed or using other apps.
• When navigating Facebook, you can swipe back to exactly where you were in the feed at any time, so you never lose your place.