SoundHound is a music search and discovery experience that identifies what is being played around you. Tap the orange button to instantly identify songs and see lyrics, share, stream, buy or simply explore more about artists you know and love or have just discovered.
You can also search by singing or humming into SoundHound, making it the only app in the world that can give you song and lyrics results through unique sing and hum search technology.
As you SoundHound a song, you can:
· Recognize songs played on radio stations
· Save and add to your Spotify or Rdio playlist
· View lyrics, moving real-time with the music beat
· Access artist and band photos and biographies
· View Album release date and band info
· Watch Youtube music videos
· Preview song and album reviews
· Share your favorite songs to Facebook and Twitter
· Launch Spotify and Rdio Radio
· Download songs or albums instantly in Google Play
From the home screen, scroll to explore:
· Artists Born Today, showcasing artists on their birthday and when a band was formed
· Global Music Charts and Emerging Songs
· Popular Genre Charts with Pop, Rock, Rap, Dance, Country
· Music Map of discoveries near you and around the world
· Facebook and Twitter updates from your favorite performers
· Weekly new featured song, video, artist and album
· Similar artist and album recommendations
· Your History showing your previous searches (register to ensure your discoveries are never lost!)
Reviews and Honors
· Top 10 Must-Have iPhone Apps – Bob Tedeschi, NY Times
· Best Music Engagement App – BILLBOARD Music App Awards
· Essential iPad App – “Seriously fast” – John Herrman, Gizmodo
· Genius, isn’t it?” – B.B.C. World Radio
· “This is amazing… insane, right?” – David Pogue, NY Times
Explanation of requested permissions:
Used to record audio for both music and voice search.
CHANGE YOUR AUDIO SETTINGS
Used to ensure optimal audio recording settings.
FINE (GPS) LOCATION
COARSE (NETWORK-BASED) LOCATION
Used to enhance search results and remember where a search took place, which is displayed through History. This can be disabled in app settings.
FULL INTERNET ACCESS
Used to communicate with servers for search results and other content.
READ PHONE STATE AND IDENTITY
Used to mute SoundHound audio when receiving phone calls.
MODIFY/DELETE USB STORAGE CONTENTS MODIFY/DELETE SD CARD CONTENTS
Used to cache data.
Used to notify when search results are ready.
VIEW WI-FI STATE
Used to allow usage through WI-FI.
VIEW NETWORK STATE
Used to detect when internet access is available.
READ GOOGLE SERVICES
Used for displaying searches on a map.
ENABLE GOOGLE MESSAGING
Used to notify when personalized content is available.