The Oxford Dictionary of English is at the forefront of language research, focusing on English as it is used today, informed by the most up-to-date evidence from the largest language research program in the world, including the 800-million-word Oxford English Corpus. This British English dictionary includes hundreds of brand-new words and senses, as well as up-to-date encyclopedic information, and extensive appendices covering topics such as countries, heads of state, and chemical elements.
Ideal for anyone who needs a comprehensive and authoritative dictionary of current English; for professionals, students, academics, and for use at work or at home.
- Search for entries by name or browse the entire word list
- Search online or download the dictionary directly to your mobile device.
"For all its entries, the Oxford has good clear definitions, excellent descriptions of word origins, and plenty of usage boxes."' - Richard Bell, Writing Magazine
* Fixed search issue
* Fixed issue with filters
* General improvements
* Completely redesigned user experience
* Ability to share word definitions
* New camera search function
* ‘Word of the Day’ feature
* Performance improvements
* Optimized for Sony Small Apps