Remix OS is a computer operating system for personal computers. It is based on
the Android operating system, and allows users to run Android applications on a PC.It was developed by Jide Technology, who announced in January 2016 that it would be made available at no cost. Jide makes individual computers running the Remix OS, but a version of Remix OS Alpha for the PC is also available.
- Download Remix OS for PC package and then unzip the file.
- Plug in a USB flash drive into your preferred PC.
- Run the Remix OS USB Tool and follow the instructions to burn the .iso file onto your USB flash drive.
- Reboot your PC.
- Press 'F12' (PC) or the 'Option' (Mac).
- Select "USB Storage Device" as boot option.
- Select either "Guest Mode" or "Resident Mode" to start Remix OS for PC.
- A USB 3.0 flash drive that supports FAT32 format, with a minimum capacity of 8GB and a recommended writing speed of 20MB/s.
- A CPU with 64-bit compatibility.
- This is an alpha version intended for developers and early adopters who don’t mind a bug or two.
- Android was designed for touchscreens and as there isn’t a touchscreen on most PCs, we want you to be aware that apps may perform differently. We’re asking for developers and testers to help us optimize Remix OS for Android PCs.