El Capitan Cache Cleaner is a one stop solution for all of your OS X maintenance needs. Intel or PPC, Tiger or El Capitan, ElCC has the tools to keep your system running at its best. ElCC Documents and the ElCC Engine maintain system health by providing full automation of common maintenance chores including virus scanning of internet downloads. The ElCC Engine can even repair permissions automatically after software installations. With the ElCC Engine, powerful system maintenance and antivirus can be completely transparent or as close as your menu bar.
El Capitan Cache Cleaner can improve system performance by tuning internet and file cache settings, implementing ram disks, and cleaning out various cached and stale data. ElCC includes tools to help optimize files and memory. ElCC can recover wasted disk space by eliminating language localization files and slimming Universal Binaries.
El Capitan Cache Cleaner lets you control your OS X experience. Turn off Spotlight or Dashboard, or turn on a Login Items Folder. ElCC can tweak many OS X features to suit your tastes. All without permanently altering or harming your system.
El Capitan Cache Cleaner lets you create a bootable Installer USB drive from your El Capitan download that will boot and install El Capitan on any supported machine. El Capitan Cache Cleaner lets you create bootable Emergency Disks that include system repair utilities and ElCC's powerful cache cleaning functions. If disaster strikes, the power of El Capitan Cache Cleaner is available at the command prompt in Single User Mode. Registered users of ElCC can install a portable version on a flash drive or iPod. El Capitan Cache Cleaner Portable runs on any supported Mac and is a great tool for testing hard drives, screen pixels, batteries, ram, and more before buying a machine.
El Capitan Cache Cleaner helps protect your system from malware. ElCC adds three additional layers of malware protection to El Capitan, and ships with the powerful ClamAV antivirus built in. ElCC can scan your downloads on the fly providing industrial strength virus protection from Mac and Windows threats.
- Powerful OS X system cache cleaning options.
- Powerful integrated antivirus protection via ClamAV.
- Flexible Finder cleaning options.
- Clean Desktop folder.
- Clean Downloads folder.
- Clean unneeded code from Universal Binaries.
- Clean ".DS_Store" window settings files.
- Clean damaged preference files.
- Clean and rebuild Spotlight metadata.
- Clean Internet browser caches.
- Clean archived system logs.
- Clean Login Items removing duplicate or orphaned items.
- Clean Virtual Memory swapfiles.
- Clean rootkits with chkrootkit.
- Clean malware by Using ClamAV to automatically scan downloads.
- Repair disk permissions.
- Repair OS 9 permissions.
- Repair Software Update Permissions.
- Repair root directory OS X symbolic links.
- Repair Energy Saver settings.
- Repair key system preference files automatically.
- Rebuild OS 9 Desktop alias.
- Rebuild the Services Menu.
- Rebuild application library prebindings.
- Rebuild LaunchServices database.
- Execute Mac OS X maintenance scripts.
- Test Disks SMART status for damage.
- Test LCD sceen for bad pixels.
- Test RAM for problems.
- Test laptop batteries.
- Test integrity of /Volumes directory.
- Optimize Internet settings and renew DHCP lease.
- Optimize, flush, and restart the lookupd daemon.
- Optimize Safari.
- Optimize file cache.
- Optimize free memory and inactive memory.
- Optimize files.
- Optimize performance by creating and using RAM disks.
- Optimize performance by automatically prioritizing applications.
- Customize hidden Mac OS X settings.
- Customize hidden Safari settings.
- Customize File System Journaling.
- Customize crashreporter daemon.
- Customize Safari web and icon caches.
- Customize Login Items and activate Login Items Folder.
- Customize Energy Saver by temporarily disabling sleep.
- Open applications with root privileges.
- Open the Finder with root privileges.
- Easy to use Spotlight manager.
- Easy to use process manager.
- Easy to use Installer Receipt Viewer.
- Automatically update Finder windows.
- Preserve clipboard across boot cycles.
- Simple man page viewer.
- Restart system daemons.
- Kill or restart the Finder.
- Kill or restart the Dock.
- Kill or restart Dashboard.
- Force delete files and folders.
- Force empty trash.
- ElCC Documents for one step access to maintenance chores.
- ElCC Engine for fully automatic maintenance.
- Use in any user account.
- Use in Single User mode.
- Use on portable disk drives.
- Use on bootable emergency disks.
- Easy to use graphical interface - no Terminal required.
- Illustrated documentation.
- Universal Binary for PPC or Intel Macs.
- Much, much more!
What's New in Version 10.0.4:
- May include unspecified updates, enhancements, or bug fixes.
Requirements: Universal Binary requires OS X 10.4 - 10.11.