Windows Firewall Control is a tool that provides fast access to the Windows Firewall settings and enhances functionality by letting you manage networking rules for each application. It mainly caters to experienced users, such as network administrators.
Quick access from the tray icon
Once initialized, the app creates an icon in the system tray area and allows you to select the security profile, ranging from no filtering (turns off Windows Firewall) to high filtering mode (blocks all inbound and outbound connections).
Thorough management of application connections
When it comes to rules management, you can allow or deny access to any application, disable, delete it from the list or create a duplicate. The list shows names, groups, programs, locations, statuses, actions, directions, locate and remote ports, remote addresses, protocols, and services.
Populate permission lists with custom apps
It is possible to sort items by status or direction (inbound, outbound, all, user-created), use a search function, view recently blocked programs, as well as switch to a simplified viewing mode for enabling and disabling program access, as well as for adding a new app to the list.
Rich settings to work with
Windows Firewall Control features a control panel where you can make additional tweaks. You can integrate the tool into the Explorer context menu, set it to autorun at startup, disable other programs from adding firewall rules, activate global hotkeys for the control panel and rules management area, adjust the frame's hue, import and export rules, as well as access some Windows tools (Firewall with Advanced Security, Command Prompt, Event Viewer, Resource Monitor, Windows Registry).
To end with
All in all, the application has a fair reaction speed and works smoothly, without causing any problems to the OS. It quickly applies rule changes. Windows Firewall Control is an excellent utility for a better control over Windows Firewall options, especially when it comes to setting up rules for each program.
What's New ?
- New: Secure Rules was extended to allow two possible actions when handling unauthorized rules: delete or disable. All the rules that will be automatically disabled will be moved in a new predefined group named 'Unauthorized Rules'. The user can now review these rules in Rules Panel.
- Fixed: Customize and allow does not work in Connections Log from the toolbox button or from the context menu. It works only on double click.
- Fixed: Connections Log menu item is enabled in the system tray context menu if the service is not started.
- Fixed: The IP set in the rule named "WFC - Windows Firewall Control Updater" needs to be updated to the new website IP which is now 22.214.171.124.
- Improved: The timeout for checking for new updates was increased from 3 seconds to 10 to in order avoid connection timeout result.
- Improved: The predefined group names which can't be removed are now grayed out in the Authorized groups list. Added tooltip for the new authorized group text box to inform the user about the @ wildcard that can be used for Windows 10 apps rules.
- Install the application
- Use the acitvator and follow the instructions in it
- Enjoy !
Download Windows Firewall Control 126.96.36.199.exe (350 KB)
FilesCDN Link (No Duration,Secure)
UploadsHub Link (Fast & Secure)
Windows Firewall Control 188.8.131.52 Activator.rar (15 KB)
FilesCDN Link (No Durration,Secure)
Uploadshub Link (Fast & Secure)