This course teaches you the powerful, fast and popular C++ programming language from scratch, assuming only basic computer knowledge. If you want to develop apps that squeeze the most power from your computer -- high-end desktop games or complex artificial intelligence programs, for instance -- or if you want to use a language that let's you get close to your machine and access all of your computer's hardware, C++ is the language for you. While C++ is quite challenging, in this course we'll learn the basics step by step; towards the end of the course you'll learn how to create a beautiful "particle fire" program, including a smattering of the basic principles of game development.
What are the requirements?
- You can use any C++ IDE (terms explained in the course) and compiler to follow this course; all the software you need is free, but you may need to do a little Googling to find explicit install instructions for your platform.
What am I going to get from this course?
- Over 82 lectures and 18 hours of content!
- You'll be able to develop powerful C++ programs
- You'll be able to apply for C++ jobs, with at least a possibility of success
- You'll understand the basics of computer programming, including Object Orientation
What is the target audience?
- This course is intended for those who are computer literate and familiar with downloading and unzipping files, using the Internet and so on, and who want to learn to program.